Travel Advisors can help you secure a travel insurance quote to protect your travel investment. Travel insurance is not required to travel but is highly recommended. In addition, you want to make sure you’re covered if unforeseen complications occur like severe weather or medical emergencies. Most travel insurance companies offer 24/7 emergency assistance, concierge services, medical coverage, and more. In these times, putting out a few hundred dollars for travel insurance is better than losing out on thousands of dollars if you must cancel your vacation.
I have been in two situations where I was glad I purchased travel insurance. I had to cancel an entire trip for severe weather conditions one time. After filing a claim, I received full reimbursement for the non-refundable trip costs. The second time, my travel companion had a minor medical emergency while we were away. We called the insurance provider, and they gave us a list of nearby medical facilities. The representative reached out to the medical staff to let them know we were on our way and followed up with us to make sure everything went well. If you are ever in a similar situation, make sure to keep the discharge summary/receipts in a safe place so you can file a claim when you return home and possibly get reimbursed for the medical expenses.
I encourage you to research travel insurance companies on your own to make sure it suits your needs and coverage requirements. If you need travel insurance for an upcoming trip, check out Travelex and Travel Guard:
*Destination E, LLC is not a registered insurance agent and cannot legally provide specific advice or information regarding insurance. You will need to direct all questions and clarifications to the insurance company. This is not a recommendation to use Travel Guard, Travelex, or any specific travel insurer over another. Destination E, LLC may collect a small commission from the links on this page if you decide to make a purchase.*
This past December, a fellow travel advisor and I went on a self-organized FAM Trip to the Riviera Maya area in Mexico. FAM is short for Familiarization Trip. FAMs were created for travel advisors to get firsthand experience of a destination, learn more about the resorts, and form great partnerships with resort staff leaders and travel companies. Of course, nothing beats knowing which resort fits our clients best and what will make their vacation experience even better. We visited sixteen resorts altogether. Here is a list of four resorts in Riviera Maya that you should consider for your next vacation or event.
1. Both the design and layout of the resort are excellent. Kids will be excited at every turn, and adults will experience nostalgic feelings. My favorite restaurant was Good Burger. All they were missing were a pop-up appearance from Kenan & Kel.
2. Kids will have so much to choose from, including Aqua Nick-a themed water park with over twenty slides, a lazy river, Paw Patrol Adventure Bay, and Bikini Bottom Beach, to name a few. And yes, you can get SLIMED. In addition, kids can look forward to character experiences, Club Nick, dance parties, an immersive theater experience, and more.
1. There are six beautiful location options for a wedding and reception. The resort staff were busy; we saw events being set up in different areas around the resort. However, this did not interfere with the guests’ vacation experience, and everyone looked to be having a fun time at the pool.
2. We had to give the chef our compliments for the lunch he prepared for us. Everything was delicious, especially the fried buffalo chicken wings.
1. Xcaret Arte was stunning and luxurious; every turn took my breath away. I loved the design and layout of the rooms, restaurants, spa, the different lobbies, the beach, and pools. They set the bar high.
2. No need to book any outside excursions. You have access to art classes throughout the resort and access to their eight theme parks (Xplor Fuego looks so much fun), and you can book Xcaret Xailing– a ferry to Isla Mujeres. And don’t forget to visit Muluk Spa, where you can pick fragrances and oils for your spa treatment.
1. The hospitality we received at Live Aqua Cancun was outstanding. The food and drinks were tasty, including my surprise Caramel Frappuccino; they have a Starbucks on the premises. Plus, their pools and beach are both fantastic.
2. Live Aqua is in the hotel zone, so you have easy access to other restaurants, nightlife, and shopping in the area.
The Dreams® Spa by Pevonia goes up there as one of the best spas I have visited. It feels like you are inside a beautiful cenote. I booked the Tension Relief Massage, which was terrific. I also enjoyed the hydrotherapy circuit, sauna, steam room, therapeutic showers, and Revive Juice Bar.
If you are looking to visit the Riviera Maya area in Mexico, I am sure there is a resort for you that will meet all your vacation needs and styles. During this trip, I stayed at three resorts and visited sixteen, so I’m sure I can help you select the right one.
Pssst….I can’t give away all my favorites in this article; I’m keeping some just for you. Feel free to schedule a complimentary consult anytime: Click Here
*We hope you like the places we listed. Just so you know, Destination E may collect a small commission from the links on this page if you decide to book a stay.*